Thursday, January 19, 2012

This year we will get out more...

Famous last words many of us utter at the end of the old year.  For us though we actually meant it, well we mean it now!

Last year I stumbled across Geocaching, I was tempted.  By tempted I mean curious and spent some time looking at how to geocache.  Not one to be perturbed I tried to convince my slightly bemused other half that we could do this in our spare time.  Then we forgot about it and went on with our lives.  Spare time was sparse and mainly spent having coffee and chatting.

Each morning I get up and walk the dogs, usually a couple of miles along the beach.  I love to walk and the dogs love it too so wandering we are used to. 

So Christmas 2011 we chatted about the coming year as you do and suddenly decided we would give this geocaching a go, if there was any around that is.  Smart phones with GPS meant we could give it a go without any expense, see if we liked it.  So we both downloaded the app and off we went, well off I went with the dogs on the first day. 

Half a mile from our house was the first in the Martello trail caches and I was hunting! No1 found no problem, I am obviously a natural.  No2 was obviously stolen as I couldn't find it and after a real search No3 was mine! No2 was a baffler but hey ho that's how it goes.  On the walk home I read through the logs for each cache I had searched out and one of the No2 comments had me scrabbling back to take a closer look! Bloody hell it's there! I am a caching genius, did I mention I'm a determined bugger too.

So step one and I'm hooked, I was in search of my next caching fix.

This blog is our little caching journey and the fun and arguments we have along the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment